Easy…I have a problem. I want. I want. I want. So I buy.
I tend to “collect” things. No, not valuable things that might appreciate in value, like paintings or antiques. Or even series collectibles, like dolls or comic books. No, I “collect” things like handbags, shoes, watches… and now, Filofaxes. But I didn’t start out with this in mind…
When I decided to move back to a paper planner, I was thinking of getting just one and it was going to be red (my favorite color) and the Personal size. Period. The End. Then the enablers over at Philofaxy and on You Tube pulled me in.
Chameleon or Finsbury? No, a Malden. Ooh, that Classic looks nice!
Are you sure about the Personal size? Those A5s have a lot of space to write (and I do have big handwriting).
I know, let’s get one of each! The A5 is too heavy to carry every day so that will be your Home Management Binder and the Personal will go in your handbag every day. Problem solved.
Except it wasn’t. Just my luck, as I started shopping, every one I wanted was being discontinued. And if the model wasn’t, the color in that model was. I don’t have a store near me to go and eyeball and hold these babies to make a decision. And I couldn’t buy one and if I didn’t like it, buy a different one later. I had to act fast before they were gone, right? Right?! So the online order-fest began. And here is what I ended up with:
And here are my thoughts on each (Left to Right, Top to Bottom):
1. A5 Red Adelphi - Love, love, love the color! THIS is the perfect shade of red! (Or damn close). However, who was the genius that put large pockets on a FF with 20mm rings? The pockets aren’t gusseted, so you can’t fit much in and they add unnecessary bulk. Fail!
2. A5 Red Chameleon - The color is ok. I can live with it, but I don’t love it. (Color is a very big thing to me.)
3. Personal Red Finsbury - The color is better than the Chameleon, barely. But this one doesn’t lay flat. (Flatness is another big thing to me.)
4. Personal red Metropol - Love the shade of red, but it’s not leather and that is pretty obvious. AND, it doesn’t lay flat.
5. Personal Crimson Piazza - "Crimson," really?! The genius behind the Adelphi must be picking name colors. This is not Crimson in anybody’s world. Can you say Coral?
6. Personal Crimson Malden - Love the floppiness, the feel of the leather and it lays FLAT! Is this it? Is this the one? Well, it would be if it were the right shade of red. It’s way too dark and burgundyish.
7. Personal Vintage Pink Malden - Again, love everything except the color. (Pink is a close second to Red in my color world.) This is not pink.
8. Personal Orange Osterley - Love the color, the feel of the leather, the size (even though it is not a Compact & has the same size rings as the Malden, it feels more compact). If only it came it red! Or pink.
9. Personal Compact Pink Finsbury - Love the color. But appears to be untrainable. And just don't think the Compact holds enough for me.
10. Personal Slimline Pink Classic - Love the color (This is my idea of pink!) Teeny, tiny rings.
11. Flex Slimline Red - What was I thinking?!
12. Mini Pink Classic - Perfect credit card holder. Love it!
13. Mini Red Finsbury - So over the Finsbury line.
I think you will agree. I do have a problem. I probably should just sell all these…then I can buy the perfect one…
Coming up: Personal or Compact? Or Maybe A5???
How to make credit card holders for your Mini