Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Tick Tock…Movers…Tick Tock



I am sitting here waiting for the movers to show up. Rather than pacing and wondering where the hell they are, I thought I would start blogging. Figuring that as soon as I get on a writing roll, they’ll pull up, right?

No, I am not moving. But that’s a pretty good assumption because a) why would I be waiting on movers if I am not moving? and b) I move often…in just the last 10 years I have moved 9 times. Fun times.

I am rearranging my house. I like to rearrange my furniture within a room. I don’t necessarily plan these changes. So when the mood strikes, things start moving. And with the help of THESE, I can move even the big pieces all by myself. Cause here’s the thing. When I want to do something, I want to do it NOW. I have no patience. And I certainly can’t wait on someone to help me.

So why am I sitting here WAITING?

When I rented this house, I decided to downsize. For the most part, I am happy with that decision. But, I did have to combine my office and my home gym into one room. (Yes, I realize that there are far worse problems in life.) The result is an 11' x11' room that is just way too crowded and claustrophobic. So I don’t want to be in there. And that just makes another excuse why I can’t workout today. Before you know it, it’s a storage room.

I got lucky with the master bedroom here. At 15' x 15', it is a pretty good size. Even with all of my furniture, there is space.

Light bulb! Switch the rooms. I don’t really need all that space. I know many people spend a lot of time in their bedrooms doing all sorts of things. I am not talking kinky here. Things like watch TV in bed, read, play with the kids, just hangout. Not me. I do those things elsewhere. So I’ve got this big room that I don’t really utilize.

So I went to work moving furniture. I hit a wall (literally) when I tried to move the treadmill out of the smaller room. No matter what I tried, it was not going through the door. Then I sorta remembered that the movers had picked it up and turned it on the side to get it into the room. I’m pretty strong, but no way could I do that. About that time I also realized that they had to do the same thing with a couple of the bedroom pieces. So I wouldn’t be able to get them out of the master. Hence, the movers.


Well my plan didn’t work. I have finished this blog and no movers yet. So here I sit.

No comments:

Post a Comment